BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems, delivered online by NCC Education and validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, has been designed to prepare students for employment in the IT sector. The qualification equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise that will prepare them for a career in senior management IT roles. The qualification units are designed to provide the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME AND INTAKES
The standard duration of the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems programme is three years.
There will be two intakes every year: January and September
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements to gain admission for the first year Level 4 Diploma of degree studies:
- A minimum of two Advanced Level subjects (UK/Local) along with a minimum of grades C for the subjects of Mathematics and English at OLs/IGCSEs.
- The NCC Level 3 International Foundation Diploma in Higher Education Studies offered by Gateway Graduate School
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements to gain admission for the second year Level 5 Diploma of degree studies:
- NCC Education Level 4 Diploma in Computing (RQF) (L4DC).
- A local or international qualification which is deemed to be of a similar level to the NCC Education L4DC qualification. This must be agreed with NCC Education in advance.
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements to gain admission for the third year (final year) of degree studies:
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- Pearson BTEC HND in Computing
- Edexcel HND Computing and Systems Development (Networking)
- Informatics Diploma in IT and Advanced Diploma in IT
- Informatics International Advanced Diploma in Computing
- Any similar qualification approved by NCC Education and University of Central Lancashire (UClan)
The University of Central Lancashire which will award the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems qualification offered at Gateway Graduate School, is an accredited public university in the UK. It is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka since it is listed in the International Handbook of Universities
The NCC Level 4 Diploma and Level 5 Diploma in Computing is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OFQUAL) in the UK. As such, it will enable those who have successfully completed the qualification to transfer to various universities across the world with exemptions equivalent to the degree studies.